Anwar Jalal Shemza monograph is available to purchase here.
- Jumabhoy, Zehra, (2016), Anwar Jalal Shemza, Art Forum, March Edition.
- Salwat, Ali, (2016), REVIEW:Art on the margins:Anwar Jalal Shemza, Dawn Newspaper.
- Shemza, Aphra, (2015), Aphra Shemza on the life and work of Anwar Shemza, Tate Etc. Autumn Edition.
- Chambers, Eddie, (2014), Early Contributions by South Asian Artists, Black Artists in Britain. I.B.Tauris.
- 'Anwar Jalal Shemza: The British Landscape', Rachel Garfield.
- 'Anwar Jalal Shemza: Calligraphic Abstraction', Iftikhar Dadi.
- Fakha, Leyla, (2012), Artists in Pursuit of an International Language, Migrations: Journeys into British Art, Ed. Lizzie Carey-Thomas, Tate, London.
- Anwar Shemza, at Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery. Reyhan King (Director of Liverpool Galleries).
- Araeen, Rashid, (2008), A Very Special British Issue, Third Text, Volume 22, Issue 2, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Shemza, Mary, (1989), Anwar Jalal Shemza: Search for Cultural Identity, Third Text, Volume 3, Issue 8 & 9, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Wilcox, Timothy, (2000), Pakistan: Another Vision, Arts and the Islamic World Ltd, UK.
- Grosvenor, Ian, (2002), Making Connections: Birmingham Black International History, Birmingham.
- Schmitz, Barbara, (2010), Lahore: Paintings, Murals and Calligraphy, Marg Publications.
- Douglas, R.M, Pakistani Artists, Working in London, Contemporary Arts in Pakistan, Volume 1, Pakistan.
- Butcher, G.M, Shemza, Years in London, Contemporary Arts in Pakistan, Volume 2, Pakistan.
The Estate of Anwar Jalal Shemza holds all of the publications above (hardcopy and digital) as well as many other archival documents.
Please click here for a full bibliography.
Please contact the estate for further information and to receive a copy of the Shemza research document.